What to Do, What to Do....

I've decided to spend the evening "goofing off" (as opposed to cleaning off my desk or scrubbing baseboards) since I didn't sleep very well last night.  Now I'm torn trying to figure out what to do with my time.  I've been making good progress on the 2009 Fall Mystery Shawl from Goddess Knits.  I could easily finish the first clue this evening and then I'd only be two clues behind.  However, I'm reading a really entertaining book at the moment (Forget Me Knot by Sue Margolis).  I'd read and knit at the same time, but the lace is sufficiently complex that I think knitting while reading or reading while knitting would be an unmitigated disaster for the knitting.

(Update: I did both. Sequentially.  Finished the book more quickly than expected, then finished Clue #1. Now I have no excuse to not clean the house tomorrow evening.)


End of Year Yard Work
I finally got the expanded flowerbed by the deck dug out and boy my hamstrings are tight today!!!  I hauled some of the excess dirt to the big low spot in the backyard. I'll haul some more to the front flowerbed that I expanded a few weeks ago, since it's a bit low on dirt as well.  The weeding is mostly caught up though I could use a load of mulch.  I got the last of the pears picked and will make more pear butter this weekend.  The last big jobs are tilling under the garden and burning the brush pile.  Maybe by the middle of November things will dry out enough to get it finished.  By that point I'll have myself convinced that I need to make an even larger garden next year, rather than a smaller garden that might actually be manageable. Not that I've done that before....

Comments

Popular Posts