Soup Weather!

I'm not very fond of cold, damp weather, but it is quite conducive for the cooking of soup.  It's not bad for baking either.  Last weekend I baked bread. Today I made a pot of black bean soup and a batch of snickerdoodle cookies.  If I had thought of it earlier, I'd have made a pan of cornbread to go with the soup. Perhaps I'll do that first thing in the morning.  I think this fall/winter I may focus on trying new soup and bread recipes.  I've got a couple of great soup and bread cookbooks that would be excellent project material.

It's a shame the ground is so wet.  It would have been a great day to get out and weed things or mulch.  Perhaps by the middle of the week things will have dried out enough.  I don't like it when the ground squelches when I walk across it.  It's just wrong somehow that it does that.

This week will probably be the last week that I'll leave my houseplants outside.  Before long it'll be cool enough at night that it'll kill them.  Not sure where I'll put them again, but I'll figure something out.  Isn't it funny how it seems like plants multiply when they're outside for the summer, even if you don't add any to the collection?

Comments

Popular Posts