Slight Change of Plan

Yesterday I had a long list of things to get done so that I could go buy myself a hard drive enclosure today as a reward. I changed plans. I did get the work done, except for the one load of laundry still in the dryer, but I decided that I'd rather stay home today. The day started out with a thunderstorm, which really got me entrenched in the "stay in" mode. It's now sunny and warm, but very humid. I'm still in "stay in" mode. I've watched two scary movies on the SciFi channel. I may watch stuff on Hulu in a little while or watch a DVD.

The pool is no longer lime green. Apparently I got enough chlorine into it yesterday to get it back to being mostly normal. The water is a bit cloudy yet, but that's to be expected. If it doesn't clear up in a day or two, I'll throw in some clarifier.

With any luck the lawn will dry out in the next day or two and I can mow it. I really should have mowed it late last week, but I didn't get it done. Oops. If things don't dry out soon, I'll almost be able to bale hay from it.

All the rain has helped the garden, however. There are baby cucumbers growing and LOTS more cucumber blossoms. I picked a bunch of radishes and two jalapeno peppers today. There are eggplant blossoms too and I spied a baby tomato as well.

Workout Kickstart
I had a crazy idea the other day. As you know, I've been working out regularly since last fall. I rather fell off the wagon between late April and mid-May, but am now back on track. It occurred to me the other day that I might need some advice or guidance to get the greatest benefit out of my workouts. I sent an e-mail to a retired competitive bodybuilder and certified personal trainer friend of mine asking for suggestions. She asked me to send her my entire workout and eating plan so she can look at it and make suggestions. Yay! That was completely unexpected and now I'm really excited to see what she has to say. It will be interesting to see what the suggestions are. Short of starting to eat animals, I'm willing to change what I eat and how I workout to get better muscle definition.

Now back to my knitting. I'm declaring today to be my contribution to global knitting. I didn't have an event at which to celebrate Worldwide Knit in Public Day yesterday, so I'll spend most of today knitting and vegetating in front of the idiot box.

And Now, Just For Giggles....

I am the Third Eye Chakra


You are insightful and spiritual. You trust your intuition.

You are deeply philosophical. You spend a lot of time thinking and theorizing.

You are wise beyond your years. People turn to you for direction and hope.

You are a clear thinker. You often know what you want to do and how you're going to do it.

Comments

Popular Posts