Escape From New York

I caught the end of Fresh Air Weekend last night.  There was an interview with producer/director/screenwriter, etc JJ Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, Lost).  He relayed an experience he had as a kid when he accompanied his father to a pre-release screening of Escape From New York.  After they watched the movie, director John Carpenter asked for comments from the audience.  Mr. Abrams' father suggested that the beginning bit showing how Snake ends up getting caught and sent to prison be cut and that the movie should just start with Snake already on his way to prison. (The scene was cut before the movie was released.) Mr. Abrams himself pointed out that it would be good to show that Adrian Barbeau's character was indeed dead.  (A scene was added prior to release showing her dead on the ground.)

It occurred to me as I drifted off to sleep last night that I had never actually watched Escape From New York.  I'm fixing that now.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love streaming movies with NetFlix?
A younger, fit Kurt Russell isn't a bad thing either. :-D

Comments

Popular Posts