Odds and Ends.....

First, the photo of yesterday's New Year's lunch of soba noodles with miso, tofu and veggies


It turned out to be pretty tasty though I think I added a bit too much toasted sesame oil. I'll take some to work tomorrow for lunch. If it's not raining tomorrow (and no new public health disasters have developed) I'll go for a walk at lunchtime.

Book Sale!!
I took advantage of the day off from work to visit a used book sale that was being held by the local adult reading center. Apparently the program is shutting down, but it sounds like they had regular book sales as a fundraiser. The hardback books are $2 while the paperbooks are $1.50. There was a surprisingly broad selection of books available and more of them than I expected. There are quite a few older books (not first editions, but 1920-40s printings) for $5 each. There was even a McGuffey reader.

Getting things done....

Well, I'm finally caught up with the housework, but I have just now realized that I haven't actually done any of the work I brought home. I actually forgot all about it until just now (8:30pm). I'll go in a bit early in the morning and drop it off on the sly. With any luck there haven't been any new public health emergencies over the weekend. In the meantime, I'm going to have some peanut butter toast.

Tonight's Sunset

Comments

Popular Posts