*RATS!*

The launch of STS-116 has scrubbed for today. The clouds were too thick and the ceiling too low. If you happen to be interested in watching the doings of launch preparations, you can watch the live streaming video. I was really looking forward to a night launch. It's been a long time since NASA had a night launch. I still remember watching the first night launch, which was Challenger, a long time ago now.

If you need something new for your desktop image, the NASA image gallery is always good for something dramatic and unusual. I like the pic of Ed White in the first ever spacewalk. I have it on my computer at work. I have a picture of the moon, up close and personal, on my laptop. I believe it's from the Cassini mission in 1999. No, that's not when they launched designer Oleg Cassini into space.

Comments

Popular Posts