On the Edge of a Trip

Wow, that makes it sound like I'm about to fall down some stairs. Don't worry, I'm not.

I am, however, about to go on a road trip, along with millions of other Americans. I had hoped to get my little car into the VW dealer in C-U on Friday so they can fix the leak in the trunk, but when they finally called me back today they said their first opening was a week from Friday. Obviously that won't really work since I'll be 700 miles away. Dang it.

While getting ready for said trip, I have downloaded a new supply of podcasts. That should enable me to survive the drive. I've got a supply of various NPR broadcasts, including "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me!" and the technology and health summaries for several weeks. If that doesn't keep me amused, I've always got a hundred hours of music. I hate getting bored when I drive. I actually get a lot of productive thinking and problem solving done when driving long distances.

I have decided to take an alternate route this trip for a change of scenery. It's not 4 lane highway, but it will be something different. We'll see how it goes.

I'm taking Thursday afternoon off so I can get out of town earlier. I'll stop in C-U Thursday night, then visit various people on Friday before heading on to the 'burbs. Maybe I can use up some of the gift certificates I have for stores in Champaign while I'm running around. I'm definitely stopping for dinner at The Courier Cafe. I wonder what the soup choices will be. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts