Today's location: Ogden, Utah

Westward Bound
Mitch faced some pretty tough headwinds across Wyoming, but has made it to Ogden, Utah for the night. About 600 miles to go to Richland. Woo woo!

First day was to Des Moines. Second night, Cheyenne, Wyoming. So far the weather has been good for the trip. No major disasters and no navigational errors. A couple of times I looked up restaurants on the road ahead of him. In case you're curious, there are no Bennigan's in Utah. And the Chili's and Outback Steakhouses in Nebraska are in Lincoln and Omaha. There is a Red Lobster in North Platte, however.

RAD at Uni High
Taught the second session of a RAD self-defense course today. It's been a long time since I've taught a class. It felt pretty good. The lecture stuff went a bit long, but that's normal. There will be some catching up to do on the physical side of things next weekend, but I'm sure Joan can get that done. I'll be there on Sunday for the simulation exercises.

FO to report:
Mountain Colors Bearfoot socks in a color whose name escapes me (blues/purples). Used the Braided Toeholder pattern from 3 Trails Designs. They're a bit loose on me, but I keep accidentally washing my Mountain Colors socks in the washer, so they'll get shrunk a bit and fit perfectly.

Knitting for the evening: Elizabeth I scarf from knitpicks.com. (Glorianna version).

DVD for the evening: Hotel Rwanda

Dinner: Veggie BBQ chicken breast and steamed vegetables. Having a root beer float for dessert. Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts