Moving right along....

Well, technically, it's Mitch that's moving. Right now he's somewhere in the middle of Nebraska and headed west, en route to Washington.

It was a busy week. I worked seven days straight, the first and last two days of which we got our butts kicked. During all of that, movers came to Mitch's house and packed everything up, then stuffed it onto a big truck and absconded with it. Apparently it went pretty painlessly for him. He's never moved with the assistance of a moving company before and was rather amazed by the efficiency of the whole process. Friday morning, he loaded up the last bits of stuff into his car and headed out on his new adventure. I'm a bit sad to see my best friend move to the west end of the country, but I'm really really happy to see him head off to a cooler, more challenging job and to finally get out of this town. Goooooooo Mitch!!! :o)


BzzzzZZzzz!
On a related note, before they packed up Mitch's motorcycle, I got to take the BumblB out for a spin. It's a lot of fun. I was good, I didn't race through the streets. I did take a nice zippy run through a nearby curve, but didn't misbehave much otherwise. Got my own bike out yesterday for a mental health trip. Nothing like spending part of a bright, sunny, 70 degree day on a motorcycle to banish the blahs.

Motivation:
Mitch's moving has gotten me more motivated to get my own self out of town. I am redoubling my efforts to find a "real" job. I've got no reason to stay here. The romance thing I thought had potential definitely is over. I could probably make a go of the bakery and web dev businesses, but I don't really want to do that here. What I really want is to just start over. Resumes are starting to go out today. Goal: To be out of here by the end of July at the latest.

Feasting:
One of the perks of Mitch moving out of town is that he left a bunch of food for me. My freezer is packed to the gills with food. Most of which seems to be frozen blueberries from last summer. Yum. I need to make some muffins. And pie. And pancakes. Fortunately, eating an excess of blueberries doesn't cause you to turn purple. Besides, blueberries *ROCK*!

The exercise front:
Exercise? What's that? Haven't done any in a while. Like in about two weeks. My apt is full of stuff right now that desperately needs to be put away and there isn't room to workout. On the other hand, I did mow the lawn yesterday, so that should count as some walking. Tomorrow I'm going to till up the backyard and re-seed it. Right now it's mostly violets. I'd rather have some grass, even if it does mean mowing. But my weight has dropped now to 157, so eating sensibly is still paying off, even in the absence of working out regularly. My current pants size has gone from being my "skinny pants" to being somewhat loose. I'm about to move into a new "skinny pants" size. Woo woo!

Things they are a blooming....
The crab trees at Mitch's house were in full bloom yesterday. We stopped to get pictures. There are two white trees and one fuschia tree. Very pretty. Today the white trees had dropped about 1/3 of their blossoms. The irises are blooming at my house. THey still aren't very tall, but they're very purple. I probably ought to fertilize the darn things more than once or twice a year. That would probably help wonders. Nonetheless, they're very pretty. If I knew how to put photos in here, I'd show you a picture. THe lily of the valley are nearly ready to bloom. They've started to put out blossoms. I dug up a bunch of the plants and moved them to the shady corner of the house with some hostas. It's a nice little shade bed now.

Divided up/re-located some black-eyed Susans. They aggressively self-seed into the gravel driveway. Fortunately the roots are nice and shallow, so I now have a front sidewalk lined with them. Should look pretty good by the end of the summer. I think there may be a coneflower or two in the mix.

Need to snag the creeping phlox and some daisies from Mitch's house. Might snag a small coreopsis too. I suppose I could trade those plants for more rudbeckia.

Of course, this all begs the question of what am I going to do with these plants if I leave town. The short answer is try to take a few with me. The real-life answer is probably that I'll be starting over with new plants wherever I end up.

Couldn't get the tiller to start today, so didn't get the backyard dug up for re-seeding. Trying to decide if I really want to do that or not anyway now. It would be a lot of work. I did re-seed a small part of the side yard. We'll see how that goes. I can always tackle the backyard in a couple of weeks. Once I get the tiller's sparkplug replaced. :o)

Comments

Popular Posts