On Sleep

While in DC for a conference, I got in the habit of having a couple cups of coffee a day. While on vacation at Disney World, I had a venti latte every morning and a soda later in the day. The week I came back, I drank a couple cups of coffee a day and a soda. Over the weekend I drank one or two sodas a day. Yesterday I had two or three cups of coffee and a soda.
Photo Copyright FreeStockImages.org

I was up until after 1am, unable to sleep, and tossed and turned the rest of the night, greatly irritating my already irritated right elbow and left hip. And I woke up late, so didn't have time for the gym, not that my body was upset about that.

*sigh*

Today I made a point of drinking just one cup of coffee and one soda. Thanks to my lack of sleep last night, I'm ready for bed at 7pm. Unfortunately, I was supposed to go see the Foothills Brass Ensemble in a community concert tonight.  I'm not going to make it.  In a few minutes, I'm headed in to find my PJs and curl up with a good book.

And then I'll get up at 4:30 to hit the gym and get to work early.  I've got two papers to write tomorrow....

Comments

Popular Posts