Time Flows Steadily On

I've been bemoaning a lack of time in the past couple of weeks.  Except that the problem isn't exactly a lack of time.  I've still got the same 24 hours in a day that I've always had.  I've just not been using it as wisely and as effectively as I could.  If I get home at 4:30pm and I get in bed at 9, then turn the lights out by 9:30, that gives me nearly five hours of time in the evening to tidy up the house, run errands, work on personal projects, cook and knit.  That's even plenty of time to workout in the evening if I don't manage to get working out done in the morning.  The trick is that I need to NOT check my e-mail as soon as I get home.  If I start to check my e-mail, I get sucked into the computer for at least an hour and usually longer.  Not a good way to use my time to my best advantage.

So for the rest of the week, I'm going to avoid e-mail until after doing 30 minutes of tidying up around the house and/or working out (assuming I don't workout before work).  I'll be logging how I use my time in 1/2 hour blocks too.  I know there's a bunch of time escaping in there than can be used better.  I might actually get some snail mail correspondence done and finally set up my computer room!!!

Comments

Popular Posts