Recycling!

I have found a possible solution to some of my clutter problems, namely the accumulation of various bits and pieces of computers. The National Cristina Foundation accepts donations of computers, peripherals and software. The equipment is then given to schools or other organizations for use train people with disabilities, students at risk and economically disadvantaged persons. So I can clean up my computer room, get a tax deduction *and* help close the digital divide. Hooray!

This may well turn out to be a productive weekend. I've ordered a new case fan for my gaming box (a CPU temp of 55 degrees C is not a good thing), painted the hallway bathroom and completely re-installed all the audiobook software for my MP3 player. I haven't been able to listen to audiobooks for a couple of weeks. This has been very difficult for me. I've really gotten to like audiobooks and listen to them quite a lot when I'm doing data entry, cleaning or weeding the garden. I've just downloaded the Friday Night Knitting Club. It's been highly recommended and I'll give it a listen shortly.

My to-do list is a bit up in the air at the moment. We had a big thunderstorm last night, so things are quite wet. I had intended to mow yard and trim the edges, weed the flower beds and the garden, plant my maple seeds, move a maple seedling to a better place and broadcast coreopsis seed. Now I'm rather limited to indoor activities, like touching up the paint in the living room and cleaning out unused items from my closets/storage areas. I may shampoo the carpet in my bedroom too. Speaking of shampooing things....I really should shampoo the upholstery of my car. It's never been cleaned properly, so it's definitely due, especially since I spilled coffee in it this week.

Well, back to being productive again! This is almost fun!

Comments

Popular Posts