Yep, I did it...

The predicted Supremely Productive Saturday is in progress. I've managed to get to the farmer's market (9 pounds of rhubarb!!), finish cleaning up Mitch's lawn, start laundry and get job stuff done. All by 11am. Spent the last hour looking up neato podcasts, so that wasn't quite so productive, but hey, I was busy this morning.

Next: take a shower, vacuum the car and knit an angel for a firefighter I know whose son was killed last week. Actually, I think I have an angel already knit, just need to put it together and starch it, assuming I can find the various angel parts.

A few observations about my car:
First, there is the thing with the moths. Over a month ago, I made the mistake of leaving the windows cracked when I parked in my garage. Not a big deal, right? Wrong. There are moths in my garage. Little moths. The next day I found several of them flying around inside my car. I shooed them out the windows and doors. I figured that was the end of it. Not so. For the next two weeks, more moths are seen flitting around the passenger compartment. I finally quit being nice and started squishing them. I know the darned things aren't breeding inside my car, but surely they'd have hit the end of their lifespan by now, right? Apparently not. I thought I saw another one flying around in there a day or two ago. I did at least vacuum the detritus from squished moths off the headliner earlier today.

Second, a comment about washing my car. As you know, earlier this week I drove about 800 miles in two days. This led to a lovely collection of splattered bugs on the front of my car. The rainy weather contributed to the general poor appearance of my car. I finally washed it yesterday. Left it sitting outside last night so it could finish drying. And the neighborhood birds apparently got up at the crack of dawn to poop on the roof and rear window. Well, at least no bugs threw themselves on the front end. I'll just wash it again real quick and PUT IT IN THE GARAGE. I need to wax it, but I don't know that I have the patience for that today.

On a more positive note...my car is freshly vacuumed and looks pretty darned good inside.

Continuing productivity...
I've now been to the library to get new DVDs for tonight, plus a few books. Finished up some laundry which I'll fold tonight while watching said DVDs. Now I'm watching the Preakness Stakes broadcast and need to figure out what to have for dinner. Probably going to have some sort of stir-fry thing to use up some frozen veggies.

Finishing up...
I have an issue with finishing things. I always have. The only things I reliably finish are books and movies, and even then I didn't finish books I was assigned to read for a class. This quirk is part of the reason it took me so long to finish my PhD. I am not entirely certain why I'm like this. It could be due to undiagnosed ADD or ADHD. It could just be that I'm process-oriented instead of project-oriented. As soon as I have the workings of a project or concept figured out, I lose interest. If something can't be finished in one go, I tend to lose interest or lose momentum. I'm unlikely to get up and gather up the necessary parts to the project and go back to finish it. I'll make a beautiful list of what's needed to finish the task, but not necessarily get back to finishing the list. I need to work on that. I think if I get past it at least a few times, I'll be able to develop a new habit.

One of the side effects of losing interest in projects is the collection of detritus that develops. Bits and pieces to projects started but never finished. I've got half a closet full of crafts or sewing projects I'm unlikely to ever re-start or finish. Slowly my life is becoming congested with the things I think I should work on, but have actually lost interest in. I've been unloading some books on the interet, which has helped at least a little physically and more psychologically. Now, to unload the other stuff and to organize what I"m going to keep. I suppose part of the organization problem is that I have stuff stored in various places instead of all in one place. Perhaps once I move I can get a handle on that. But at least I'm making progress in the direction I want go.

Comments

Twitchh said…
Congrats on your Supremely Productive Saturday! You're seriously on a roll here. :-)

And yes, you are, in fact, making progress (and lots of it) in the direction you want to go. It isn't important how much progress you make on any given day that matters -- It's that you keep the trend going. And your trend is going quite nicely!

BIIIIIIIG Pat on the Back for you!

Gooooooo, Mary!!
:o)

Popular Posts