It Never Rains, But It Pours....

Spent most of last week in Washington state for a job interview trip.  I think it went well. I've been advised that I might hear something this week.  Hopefully that means I might hear GOOD news, not that they hired someone else. I did hear today that they're commencing the background check (which I must pass before they can make me an offer), which I'm taking to be a good sign.

To make things more interesting, while I was away for the week, I got a phone message from the Assistant Commissioner for Health asking if it was true that I've been looking for a new career challenge and to call her if I am.  *Someone* has been talking about me.... O.o   Of course now with the prospect of a really cool job in WA, I'm not sure what to tell the Asst. Commish other than "Please stand by" and I'm not sure how well that will go over. 

White Death 2010 v3
So the morning started with about an inch of snow which was gone by lunchtime.  Then it started up again just before quitting time.  Right now there is about an inch of snow on the ground with continuing flurries.  The snow on the way home was half snow and half freezing rain. The roads in the morning could be rather dicey.  Not really looking forward to that.  Maybe it'll be slick enough that we'll get another snow day.  At least I have plenty of food to last the next ten days, so no trip to the grocery store was needed today.

Holiday Weekend Plans
So during the last long weekend I finished painting the trim in the kitchen.  Of course, I didn't get the trim around one of the doors painted.  Can you tell which one?

Yep, the one on the right.  I really like how the bright white looks against the green, though it also sets off the cream colored walls too.  I'll see about finishing the garage door trim this coming weekend and probably also the baseboards and trim in the master bedroom and bath.  I've been talking about doing that for a while now and it's time to just get it done.  Mostly what I've been avoiding is taping off the baseboards as it's a bit tricky to do a good, straight job on carpet.

Comments

Popular Posts