Rain Rain Go Away

Today was just dreary. Not cold, but it rained most of the day. Coupled with the sun setting early, it got dark fast.

Thursday Birthday Lunch
I have found a recipe which comes really close to being the very same crab dip that Sgt. Friedlein's wife makes. I think with the addition of shredded cheddar cheese, I'll be there. We'll see if it causes the toes of my co-workers to curl with glee. It's darned good stuff, if you ask me.

Weekly Cookies
This week I made oatmeal scotchies. This is a cookie which apparently is not well known in the mid-South. I had to explain that it's oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips. No sign of recognition at all. Several people really liked them, but I don't think they're anybody's absolute favorite yet. I'm baking Mitch's Fiber Crew a batch of chocolate chip cookies tonight.

SCinet setup
Speaking of the Fiber Crew....SCinet setup kicks into high gear tomorrow. They get the show floor at 8am. I predict the jousting with the booms will start at 8:05. Yelling by Mitch will start at 8:06 and will stop when they let him play too. :o)

New Knitting to do....
The Winter 2006 issue of Interweave Knits showed up today. There are no fewer than five things I want to make from this magazine: A Cardigan for Arwen, Equestrian Blazer, Enid Cardigan, Nantucket Jacket, the Arctic Diamonds Stole and possibly the Venezia Pullover. The Refined Raglan has possibilities too. Oddly enough, I described a similar design in my idea notebook several years ago. This is what happens when I procrastinate on my ideas. On the other hand, I'm becoming increasingly motivated to actually develop the other patterns ideas I have. Perhaps by the end of the year I'll have a couple of sock patterns finished.

Thoughts on running....
Lance Armstrong finished the NY Marathon in 2:59 yesterday. When asked right after the race if he'd run another marathon, he said he never wanted to do that again though he reserved the right to change his mind later. Running a marathon was apparently the hardest thing he's ever done, even harder than a bad day in the Tour de France. Dang. And to think I want to do it *again*. It was hard at the time, but it never seemed impossible. Walking an extra mile to the hotel afterward seemed impossible, as did going up the stairs to take a shower and lifting my legs onto the bed.

Biked for half an hour today. I didn't break a sweat, but I did get my heart rate up a good bit. I need to set up a training log this week and start keeping track of my progress. It's funny, but I don't like working out until I actually get started. That's when it gets fun. The mighty endomorphins come out to play. Then the trick becomes staying focused and not getting distracted. Once I get distracted, it's hard to keep going. The distraction only happens when I'm on the trainer or a treadmill. Walking, biking or running outside gives me plenty to look at to keep my mind occupied.

Comments

Popular Posts