Note to self....

Do NOT scrape finger along top edge of lid to spindle of CDs. It's sharp. It will cause you to peel back a nice big flap of epidermis. And possibly swear a bit. I think I got the skin smushed down again pretty quick, so I"ll keep telling myself it'll re-adhere. My finger was initially too surprised to bleed, so I even managed to get a bandage on it. Now it burns like the dickens. OWIE! On the other hand....it's completely distracting me from the poison ivy rash.

Speaking of the rash....I think it might be getting a bit better. I've been good about taking oral diphenhydramine and that has helped the itchiness dramatically. Last night I didn't even wake up in the middle of the night with an itching fit. That was very nice.

At work today, we had the August Birthday lunch. Two women in the office have birthdays in August and the custom is to have a potluck lunch or go out for lunch. Today we ate in, but had spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, coleslaw, cake, etc. I brought chocolate chip cookies. Everybody LOVED them. I told them that I bake whenever I get bored or stressed, so now they're all going to keep me bored or stressed. After lunch I had NIMS training. I was good though and did not doze off at all, despite the high dose of carbs at lunch.

Tomorrow I go in to the office for a little while, then head off for two and a half days of statistics training. The review of SAS will be good and I might learn a bunch of new stuff, given that my SAS abilities are primarily self-taught. I'll get a good set of directions printed out so I don't get lost. In theory the hotel I'm staying at is just a block or two away from the training site, so I can walk there instead of dealing with parking.

Traveling the rest of the week means I probably ought to get cracking on the packing of my suitcase or I'll end up forgetting something important, like pants!

Comments

Popular Posts