Bad Dogs!!!

I discovered this afternoon that the neighbor's dog pack excavated my blackberry bushes this morning. I don't have the energy to put the dirt back this afternoon, at least not in the hot sun. I'll have to get up early tomorrow and spend a couple hours re-burying the plants. Hopefully this won't have killed any of them. I can see that I'll now have to make putting up some fencing a priority. That will bump the fence and deck off the budget for a while. This digging issue is a new problem this year. I don't know what the problem is, but it's no longer acceptable. I could tolerate some small digging in the grass, but not an 8 foot by 2 foot bed being dug down 4-8 inches and plants uprooted. Not acceptable.

My solution will be to add some wire utility fencing to the already existing 3-strand barbed wire fence between my property and the farm where the dogs live. All I need to do is keep the pack from ducking under the bottom wire. Hopefully it will be a simple solution and the problem won't just escalate into more digging and destruction.

Comments

Popular Posts