Learning May Be Taking Place

I am re-installing the OS on my laptop this evening. Again.  I just put a new HD into the machine a couple of weekends ago. Tonight when I went to boot up, I got the black screen of doom with the blinky underscore in the top left corner.

I also noticed that all the clocks in the house were flashing 12:00.  I'm willing to bet it got zapped when the power went off/came back on.  Of course it was plugged straight into the wall rather than into a surge suppressor.  Grrrrrr.  So I'll either purchase a surge suppressor for the laptop or I'll remember to unplug the silly thing when I'm not using it.  Methinks the former would be a more reliable solution.

The upside of this story is that I hadn't really used the laptop much in the past two weeks so there isn't much to replace on it. Of course, I was intending to get the backup schedule set up this evening. *sigh*

(There's also beginning to be a correlation between planning back-ups and hard drive failures, but I'm going to pretend I don't see that one.  Otherwise, I might say rude and mean things about Murphy and it's entirely too close to Christmas to get back on the nice list if I were to speak my mind now.)

Comments

Popular Posts