It's Alive!

I think I've done it. I think I have successfully created a sourdough starter.
I've had very little success in the past. Most of the time, the starter suffered an overgrowth of bacteria and went rancid.  Now that the weather is getting colder, I'm looking forward to doing some baking. A hot bowl of soup with a salad and homemade bread is a perfect cold weather meal.  I've already started marking sourdough recipes in my various bread cookbooks.

Settling Into a New Routine
I'm slowly establishing daily routines. I've gotten used to my new wake-up time and work schedule, plus most of a morning and bedtime routine. I haven't quite gotten some of the organization around hte morning and evening finished, so I occasionally am scrambling to get out the door on time or I forget my lunch. Mostly I think that will just take time and practice.

Tomorrow morning I'll hit the treadmill for a nice wake up workout. Then I'll go spend 9 hours in a meeting/workshop.  Looking forward a little less to that part, though I'm sure it'll be a good workshop.  I just hope the meeting room isn't freezing cold. The facility where the workshop will be held tends to be very chilly. The good news is that I'm not liekly to get sleepy while being cold!



Comments

Popular Posts