Starting A New Year

I had a reasonably good year last year, though lost track of several goals through the year.  I've kept up reading on my Kindle, despite published research indicating that reading via lighted Kindle at night ruins one's sleep and health.  Most recently I have been reading Reamde by Neal Stephenson. In audiobooks, I've been listening to Little Brother by Cory Doctorow.

My exercise habits became rather sporadic toward the end of the year, largely the result of travel, frustration, injury, and a general lack of results. Of course, slacking off on exercise only makes the lack of results worse.  I seem to have mostly overcome the hip flexor issues I had off and on throughout the year.

Here's hoping for a more consistent and rewarding new year.

I'll close with the 2015 New Year's Wish from Neil Gaiman:

Be kind to yourself in the year ahead. 

Remember to forgive yourself, and to forgive others. It's too easy to be outraged these days, so much harder to change things, to reach out, to understand.

Try to make your time matter: minutes and hours and days and weeks can blow away like dead leaves, with nothing to show but time you spent not quite ever doing things, or time you spent waiting to begin.

Meet new people and talk to them. Make new things and show them to people who might enjoy them. 

Hug too much. Smile too much. And, when you can, love.



Comments

Popular Posts