Range Day

Spent the day out at the shooting range. Alas, I had range officer duty so didn't actually do any shooting myself.

I did, however, get a chance to admire a fellow RO's spiffy .50 cal rifle.  The trigger pull on it is lighter than the average light switch, which I hadn't expected.

There's a .50 cal fun shoot this weekend at the 1000 yard range. I may have to head out there to watch the fun.

Gym Day
I did a preliminary upper body workout the other night at home.  I am pleased to report that I have had zero elbow pain since.  Looks like I can get back into the gym rat routine again.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I am at least partly motivated by having sat through a software demonstration at work which was run by a guy who clearly hits the gym regularly.  He can't have had much over 10% body fat and very nicely developed shoulders, judging by the lumps underneath his polo shirt.  Yes, it's true. Seeing someone else in great shape makes me want to go to the gym and work out hard.

Now to get back into the routine of hopping out of bed at 0430 and spending an hour or hour and a half at the gym at 5am.... That might take a bit of practice and will definitely take a lot more discipline about my bedtime and how much caffeine I drink in a day.

Comments

Popular Posts