Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yet another aggravating sort of day.....

Not only did nothing particularly satisfactory happen at work:
I spent five hours beating my head against a DOS DB program trying to run queries. The "trick" here is that I can't get anybody to show me how the actual program works with regard to data entry, which makes my job of running QC a wee bit difficult. I realize that it's not necessarily unusual in the Dilbert World of Work for clueless ones to run QC, but I find it a bit difficult to figure out if something is a wrong answer when I don't know what the right answer is.

I made an idiot out of myself because I can't find out how things are done in my office, sometimes not even when I *ask* how to do them. So I sent e-mail to the central office asking about it on the advice of the local people, then was told by the local people that they've always done it in a particular way. (I had initially been told they didn't know the answer to the question either.) End result: I look like an idiot and I'm learning that my co-workers can tell me that we're all on the same team, but aren't really very good at helping me play along.

I have also discovered:
That my car has a leak somewhere in it, resulting in the floor of the trunk getting wet. I have been unable to detect any defect in the door or hatch seals. I will have to check the lenses of the tail lights and the seals of the lights. I'll also pull up the carpet and check the seals in the floor of the trunk area.

Right now my car fogs up when it sits all closed up. Now that the temps go below freezing at night, this means there will be frost on the INSIDE of my windows which is very difficult to melt or scrape off.

So, I had a more or less crappy day. Fortunately I have some Mike's Hard Lemonade in the fridge. Maybe tomorrow will be better. The trend sure hasn't been heading up lately though.

Comments

Popular Posts