Packing it in...

Probably better described as packing it up. I started creating my own cardboard cubist sculpture in my living room today. The good news is that it looks a bit neater to have the four sheep's fleeces in boxes rather than sitting in bags in front of the television. The bad news is that I'm afraid it will soon start to look messier than ever once the boxes begin to take over. I'm starting with boxing up the stuff I'm not likely to use and which won't really be in the way if I do box it up. I also cleaned out my desk a bit more and have a stack of stuff for the GoodWill drop box. I really need to clean out my coat closet. It's mostly full of craft stuff, power tools and miscellaneous bags (tote bags, luggage, etc).

Quote for the day:
Dont think of it as menopause, think of it as your inner child playing with matches.
Not that I'm there yet, but it's a nice thought, don't you think?

Absentmindedness:
I very nearly abandoned my newly purchased gallon of milk at Wal-Mart today. The clerk followed me out to my car to give it to me. A few months ago I tried the same trick with my orange juice.

Yesterday, while calling Mitch for no particular reason, a car pulled out in front of me to turn, then proceeded to turn at 3 mph. Of course, I began to swear at the car and discussed the (male) driver's inability to operate a motor vehicle in a rational and competent manner. Approximately two minutes into my grumbling I realize that I'm still talking to Mitch's voice mail. Oopsie. The message ended rather sheepishly when I realized I was still talking tot he voicemail. He found it highly amusing. Well, at least I remembered what I was supposed to do when it beeped. Some days it takes me a minute or so to figure out it's time to talk, which, of course means I've now forgotten whatever it was I was going to say. :o)

Off to the Picture Show:
Headed out in a little while for a bit of food and a movie. Deb and I are going to see The Lake House. It should be fun. It's been a while since we went to a chick flick. I feel kinda bad not getting more packing done tonight, but I did make a good start on it today, I think. I can certainly keep going after work this weekend. I think it will get easier as time goes by. I'm really not looking forward to boxing up the books. Ugh.

Comments

Popular Posts