Frustrating Monday

Frustration:
Well, actually, today wasn't too bad. The end of my shift got unpleasant, however. Things got busy and there weren't any ambulances available. I offered to stay over to help out. The night field coordinator said that would help, but he was going to call in the night on-call person to come in and relieve me. I said I could stay until between 9 and 10pm at the latest. The on-call person gets called just after 8pm and says she's having dinner so she won't be in until 10pm. Funny...the rest of us who work there get 45 minutes to come in. We don't get to pick when we come in. She decided it was going to take her almost two hours to come in. Don't you just love it how folks will take advantage of you? Needless to say I'll be having a chat with my field coordinator in the morning about what the policy actually is and what his opinion is of this situation. I guess I'd have thought that being on-call meant that you might expect to be called in and that perhaps making plans you can't/won't change isn't particularly intelligent. Apparently I was wrong, but I'll be damned if I do anything to help this particular person out again. Ever.

Right now I'm feeling particularly angry/irritated. I really want to rant at someone, but there isn't anybody handy. I realize that I don't have a family locally and I live in town, but I'm tired of being taken advantage of by folks who have family or who live out of town. I'm tired of doing extra work for other people, but rarely being thanked and NEVER having someone repay the favor.

On the positive side, this is really kicking my motivation to get the hell out of here into high gear. I really don't give a damn for the company any more. It used to be that people took pride in the job they did and pride in the company they worked for. Apparently that is long gone now. It's everybody for themselves and screw whoever they can. *That's* a happy environment.

Time to go seethe somewhere else now. I'm willing to bet I sleep like crap tonight if I sleep at all and I was really good about not having caffeine today too. Hope I'm coherent for my interview tomorrow.

Location of the day: Richland, WA
Mitch made it to his final destination and at a reasonable hour (late afternoon). Apparently the weather was again decent, there was a tailwind and the scenery was spectacular. I can't wait to see the photos once he gets them uploaded. With any luck, the unloading of the moving truck will be as painless as the packing and loading was. Of course, the unpacking will be no where near as quick or smooth as the packing. It never is. What really sucks is that this is only a temporary place he's living. He figures he'll buy a house in the next six months and move again. Won't *that* be fun. Not.

Comments

Popular Posts