There Are Advantages to Getting Up Early on Weekends....

A few weeks ago I decided that I was going to get up almost as early on weekends as I do during the week.  It made no sense to me to goof up my sleep schedule by staying in bed until 7.  While I didn't get up at 4:30 this morning, I did get into the fitness room shortly after 6 and spent nearly an hour on the treadmill.

Since getting back to my apartment, I have read my e-mail, caught up on the blogs I follow, started a pot of chili in the Crock-Pot, started a loaf of bread in the bread machine and loaded/started the dishwasher.  In a moment I'll hit the shower and then start a load of laundry.  After that I'll mosey down to the coffee shop for a nice soy latte and curl up with some enticing work documents.  I've got a 125 page manuscript to review before Wednesday, plus about 200 pages of background reading for a separate project.  I really wish the coffee shop had comfy easy chairs in which to do this reading, but they don't. 

As far as I can tell, the concept of comfy chair hasn't yet been introduced into local coffee shops. The focus on coffee shops here seems to be all about the drive-thru coffee shack, not some place you go, sit, chat and drink coffee. I find that rather disappointing, especially on a grey, drizzly day like today. I think a coffee shop could do a brisk bit of business if it offered a warm, inviting environment (and good coffee) on such a day.

Comments

Popular Posts