Conundrums

I seem to find myself in a lot of these lately.....
One of the "rules" at work appears to be that one only gets to talk to prospective clients if one has completed work for clients in the past and can thus show the prospective clients the kind of work that might be done.  Of course, it's hard to have any work to show if you aren't allowed to talk to the clients in order to get the work...

We are supposed to end the fiscal year with a zero balance on over/under hours. This means working extra hours or taking extra time off to break even.  Of course, at the end of the fiscal year there are oodles of reports, etc due so that you end up working all kinds of extra time and taking any time off is not a welcome proposal. (At least it doesn't seem to be ok for me. Several of my colleagues complained about my having a weekend off a few weeks ago even though they regularly take days off regardless of what work needs to be done. I even warned them ahead of time that I'd be gone and not likely checking mail very often, if at all.)  So I'm likely to end the fiscal year >40 hours over my allotted time. I doubt I'll be able to take that time off between now and the end of the month, even if I space it out among days/weeks.  I won't get compensated for that time and the balance will reset to zero on Oct 1. Oh well....

Comments

Popular Posts